The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Backyard Art In The Early Summer

Over this past Memorial holiday, I decided it was high time I set up my outdoor studio space. Just a small area where I can create some pastel works. I like to work outside when I create with pastels as the dust can be very messy.

  Using a small table and a beach umbrella, I now have a beautiful area to work in. The weather is great right now and the backyard is alive with a myriad of colorful blooming foliage. I used what I had on hand around the house so this area cost me zero $ to get up and running!  I LOVE it!

  Just look at all the color surrounding me.................... 


Bougainvilla


Morning Glory


Kalanchoe and Allysum


My birdfeeder, although, Skeezer, my little squirrel friend is the one who steals all the seed.

It is a very inspiring place to create art. I have just started working on this new pastel. I am almost finished getting it blocked in...........


16X20 on Ampersand Pastel Board

And another couple shots of my outside area.............



Above is how I store my soft pastels. Works perfect for me! Well thats it for now. Enjoy the photos and I will be back with more work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment