The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Barn Owl

Oh my..........I have been busy.   Packing and clearing out the house is a lot of work. I need to sit in my studio and create to be able to relax. I miss my studio when I am not in it. My work is such an extension of who I am. I have finally finished the Barn Owl sketch. Done in two different graphite leads and charcoal. The initial sketch is really important. It will be the basis for the entire painting once finished. Color comes next and that is my favorite part, to watch a painting "come to life" is so exciting!


I have to work on another painting too.............



This one above. Still needs work and a background.............I will be working on these two today and post more progress later. Happy painting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment