The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Three Crows In A Row

Ok....Here is my initial sketch of the last crow for my tryptich. He is actually the first crow in the painting, nothing like going backwards but it worked! The viewer reads from left to right so the inward facing first crow commands the viewer to pan across all three canvases, keeping him in the painting peripheral, so to speak. So compositionally, it works.


And the three canvases next to one another..................


Here you can see how the first crow leads the eye to the other two, in one fell swoop. I will get this new sketch based in and then I will add all the final details. Back to the studio I go and I will have a brand new sketch for a new painting up soon! Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment