The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Biting Off More Than We Can Chew

  I am so guilty of this..........I run myself ragged sometimes thinking I am "super woman", invincible, with unlimited energy. Guess what, I'm not.

  Right now I have a lot on my plate. Home renovation, a grand baby who will be moving away soon to Texas, another daughter moving to Alaska, a son in the army who is faced with impending deployment daily, an art business to nurture, a blog and website to try and maintain, (that's a struggle),  a husband and animals to care for, not to mention just the everyday adventures of life. Boy, can our world get complicated sometimes.



  Problem is, I WANT to do everything, I really do. I want to teach, I want to create, and I want the perfect, clean and decorated house to do it in. It's just not feasible. And I find that when I do try to do it all, the only thing I get from it is tired, defeated and plain old burnt out. This isn't the life we are meant to live.



  I am learning to let some things go. To not take everything so seriously.  It's not easy, it goes against my nature but I know that right now, I must. It's important to have a balance. A time for work and a time for play. Time with the grand baby, my kids, hubby, friends  and yes my animals too. To find me...........myself again,  that has been buried under this mass of have-tos and daily burdens.



  And it's okay to take some "Me" time. A chance to regroup. Think about less important things that you can put on the back burner for awhile. Take time out to enjoy this life instead of just feeling overwhelmed by it.



  So, that's what I did this week so far, I let one thing go. I will miss it but I also know that it will free me up to move in another direction. One that will be life changing for the better.

   





No comments:

Post a Comment