The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cha-Cha-Cha Changes

  This has been a very complicated past year for me. So much has gone down and continues to do so. I am trying to embrace these changes however and make the most of them. Change CAN be good for you!

  Losing my job was probably the beginning of it all. It has been just over a year and I find I have really grown from it. At first, there is the fear of "what am I going to do now?" , "how am I going to pay the bills?" Then, when I stopped feeling sorry for myself, there was the realization that, this is it. Moment of truth. Sink or swim. I decided to swim.

  The up-side of changes, finding yourself again. Realizing that things work out and that all it takes is a will to move on and accept those changes as a new beginning, not something to fear.

  I am still faced with more changes every day. My daughter and son-in-law, with my precious grandson are moving away. They are packing up their lives and going to Texas. This is a good change for them as they will have a much better life. They are not fearful, they are excited about this move. They are excited about a whole lifestyle change. They recently returned from a trip to Round Rock, which is just outside of Austin. They went with brave anticipation to see what Texas was all about. Three days later, Wayne was approved for a job transfer.

 Can you see his little face popping out of the water?






  I am going to miss them terribly. I am already feeling those pangs of butterflies in my gut that lets me know that letting go is not going to be easy. But I know, this a good thing. I will adjust with time. Everything is going to be just fine.

  I am embracing all these changes and more. I am looking at these changes as an adventure. I know there is a better life out there just waiting to be found and I am determined to discover it. I now spend hours in my studio, creating, where as, when I was working, I barely had time to sketch. This has led to me being able to live a much more authentic life. Living life the way I want to live it. Not dictated by the clock. Yes I have sacrificed, but they have all been good sacrifices which have lead to bigger and better things. I am embracing my life, owning it, and the best is yet to come!

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" - Alan Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment