The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekly Intentions And New Work

Here we are again.....another Monday and time to fess up about what I didn't accomplish last week and what I mean to do about it this week.

  Last Mondays Intention of the week post claimed that I was going to be more productive in the studio. Was I?, no, not really. I can come up with a lot of excuses as to why not like, "It was sooo hot and I have no air conditioning" (true, but no excuse), or "My dog ate my paintbrush", but to be honest, It was just plan ole procrastination.

  I DID finish up some art work though...............
New Cards........

And a NEW painting based on my new cards

  I sort of made up for it over the weekend however. I am going through the studio and getting rid of un needed stuff. You know, the kind of stuff that just magically finds it's way into your house and takes over every nook and cranny. Where does it all come from?

  I really made a dent in my studio I am happy to say. I can now move around without tripping over stuff. I have paper racks and cabinets to sell off and other things that I want to paint and freshen up. I am letting go..........of all that hinders me and holds me back from creating.

  This weeks intentions are:

Paint, Paint, Paint !
Continue to purge unnecessary stuff
And just be myself

  I will let you all know if I stick to my intentions or not, but I am going to put some real effort into it this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment