The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Painting Crimson Angel

Good morning!...Here I am busy as usual. I had to stay on the phone with my poor, lost daughter this morning. She drove her brother to the Austin Texas airport to fly home and she got lost trying to find her way back to her new place. Texas roads and highways are very different from the ones here in California and it's going to take time for her to get used to them. But I am happy to say that they are adjusting to their new state.

  I am busy getting ready for the upcoming show. I actually finished three new paintings yesterday I am happy to report! Sometimes, I think working under pressure really motivates me to get things done. It's a good pressure though, as I am always so excited when a new show comes along.

  I finished "Crimson Angel" yesterday. I have to say that usually, I don't paint in a folksy style but I really like the way she turned out, loose and full of brown, vintagy, fall hues. My normal pallette is much brighter than this and it was interesting to see her materialize. She just popped up out of the background and came to life. She is a mixed media piece with vintage music sheets collaged in.




  I also finished two 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inch tiny paintings. These tiny ones are so sweet! I place them on tiny easels and they look great grouped together. I will try to get those photos up soon as well. Right now, I'ts back to the studio I go!
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment