The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Art, Art And More Art And The Art Of Purging

Happy Saturday morning!............I'm still trying to get more art created for the show next week. It's getting down to the wire and I am hoping to get things finished up here rather quickly.

  I painted this little mixed media owl a couple days ago and I am pleased with him. I love the loose, sketchy style and the colors. I have several of these small 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 original paintings going into this show. I'm getting excited to meet all the other artists.

 


  It's another weekend of trying to purge my home of all unnecessary stuff. I am really getting into it. I feel so much better, I really do, when I get rid of things. I never thought I would let these things go. Boy, do I have a lot of "stuff"! My home is clearing out and so is my soul. It's actually very liberating. I have a box set aside for a garage sale, a box for charity and a "keep" box and I have to tell ya, the keep box is the most empty one of all!

 We have a break in the rain right now so I am going to finish my coffee and take my studio companions, Sadie and Riley out for a walk. Then it's back to work for me. I hope you all have a safe and very adventure filled Halloween and I will be back soon with more of my own adventures, hopefully a bit more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment