The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pretty Little Things

 As I get rid of a lot of my overflowing possessions  in favor of a neater, more organized household, I am gaining a deeper appreciation of those little pretty things that I am keeping.

  Anthropologie is one of my favorite shopping haunts. I  needed my Anthropologie "Fix" so I made a trip there the other day and picked up three more of these tiny, sweet little bowls. I had three already but to my delight, they had more colors I had not seen before!


  I just adore these little bowls and I have them scattered throughout my studio to catch all the little bits of creative bliss that seem to accumulate everywhere. I even keep my Moo cards in one of them. In the white bowl I have beach sand that I collected from the shore of Venice beach in LA and my little sparkle y,  crystal hair pins.

   I have been creating small art pendants for my upcoming show as well. These are original , little works of art that I encase under glass, 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 inches only. . I have been having so much fun creating these and adding copper chain and small gemstones and vintage beads to them.

  Another pretty thing that I picked up are these adorable tiny succulent plants. They come in the sweetest little pots and are so inexpensive.

  
  I might even be able to keep these alive!  I sometimes have a hard time keeping my poor plants thriving. I guess watering is a must. These little guys won't need as much water so I might have some success with them.
How sweet are these! The one on the left is a "Burros Tail" and the other is a "String Of Pearls"

  These are just some of the treasures I am hanging onto. My home is emptying out fast I am happy to say but I do still need pretty little things to make my space happy and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment