The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday

  Got up extra early so I could catch the beautiful morning sky!

 Well, it's a new week again and time to get busy in the studio. The "Angels In The Barn" show went really well! I sold a lot of my work and met some interesting artists.

  Now I need to replace the work that sold for new creations. I am getting ready to have an "Open Studio" day, perhaps early next year so I need to psych myself up for that. I have spent the morning re-painting over old canvasses. I sometimes do that if I feel my work has evolved over a period of time.



My ultimate goal is to paint at least 5 paintings per week. I think I can manage that. And in the meantime, I have also managed to condense my studio down a bit. I really like how I have it set up. Most everything is within an arms reach and I have plenty of floor space to set out my canvasses. So I have no excuses not to get in there and create! here is a photo of just one little section.......


  Well...........off to work I go. I have lots to do! have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment