The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekly Intentions Monday

It's a rainy, cool day here in California. I have a painting that I am so anxious to pour resin onto but with this damp weather, I am afraid the resin won't set up well. Hopefully by the end of this week, when the temps climb into the 80's, I will be able to get it done. "Winter White" is the name of this painting, it is acrylic and graphite on Aquaboard. A simple, soothing work. I really like it.








  I also need to complete a commissioned piece this week as well. A beautiful bare winter tree painting for someone very special to me. it is going to be a tryptich (three canvas painting) and I am excited just thinking about the possibilities with this one. 

  I feel that posting what my intentions are going to be for the week really helps me to actually accomplish them. Just announcing them to the blogging universe kinda seals the deal for me, making me feel more committed to the work.

 My daughter and my grandson will be leaving for Texas on Friday. there is so much I have to help with to get them ready to leave. We still need to pack some stuff up and make sure loose ends are tied up here. My poor baby boy has a cold and has been very grumpy. I think he knows something is up even though he is only a year old. His birthday was this weekend and he was a real trooper. He enjoyed the park and thankfully the weather held up nicely for the occasion.


  I think I will leave it at that for my weekly "got-to-do" list. I think it's enough for now. Just the emotions that are going to be on the surface this week will keep me busy enough! I will keep you all posted as to my progress this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment