The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feeling Liberated

  This past week, I spent my entire time going through mountains of stuff. Stuff that was not only taking up physical space but, also precious mental space and energy.

  Possessions that had sat for a long time were now being purged. Either sold, donated or just plain disposed of. These were things that I never dreamed I would ever be able to let go of. And, as I look back on this past week, I have no regrets, none whatsoever. I don't miss the stuff!

  All I am feeling right now is totally and completely liberated. As I take a 360 degree look at my now organized and pretty much emptied out studio, I really don't understand why I didn't do this sooner. I don't know why I chose to feel buried alive under things that I now realize were not important to me. I had no passion for the stuff I let go of. These things, yes just "things" were zapping my energy and taking me away from the life I really wanted to live.

  I can breathe, and it feels so good. My creativity is busting out all over and I can't seem to get my ideas down on canvas fast enough! I am carrying this whole letting go of stuff over to my entire household. As each room empties out, I feel more and more free from digging myself out from under mounds of un-needed, un-used, un-wanted material possessions. This feels soooo good. It's hard to explain just how good this feels.

  As a friend of mine put it, I was expressing "ownership" It's not that all this stuff was anything great or special. The majority had no meaning at all other than being pretty or cute or fun to play around with. It was just the fact that it was MINE. Even if all I did was stare at it as it sat taking up much needed space for what was really important.

  This is one of the best things I have done for myself in a long time, and I vow to keep it this way.I will not burden myself with stuff anymore. Now........off to the studio to create!

  Here is a new work in progress................








And another being finished up.........................
  

No comments:

Post a Comment