The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Messy Messy

I feel so windblown! The winds have been terrible here the past couple days. I'ts not so bad when I can stay home, but going out in it, like I did yesterday made me crazy, much like the way I sketched my new crazy haired, fearless Diva....................


This is pretty much the way I looked all day yesterday. Being fearless, my Diva doesn't mind it as much as I do. She just fluffs her hair up with her hands and she's good to go.

Me, I despise the wind. It makes my house feel gritty and it totally destroys my mood. Not to mention the fact that it blew my canvas across my driveway and into the street. Yes, my canvas was on my driveway because when I purchase a brand new canvas, I don't like how they are sometimes a bit saggy. I like them as tight as a drum when I paint. So, I mist them with a little water, set them on my very large driveway to bake and they tighten up with the heat from the cement drive. Works like a charm! Except for today when I had to go rescue mine from the street before it got run over.

  As you can see from above, it's just fine. I will lay some color in on her in a bit and I will post my progress soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment