The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three In A Row

I have put my second sketch down onto my canvas for my crow tryptich. It may be hard to see as it's just the initial sketch but soon it will have color. This canvas will be the third canvas in the group with my first sketch being placed in the center of the mix. I sometimes do this with my multi panel pieces. I will move them around to see in which order I like them best.


This last crow is further down on the branch so consequentially, he is closer to the viewer so,ie, he is a bit larger. He is also engaging the viewer as is the second crow. So far, the first crow 's eyes follow me around my studio as I work, very cool.

  I have one more canvas to prep and the last crow to sketch so it's back to the studio for me. Stay tuned for more progress on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment