The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Monday, January 17, 2011

Buddha In The Lilies

 I do have a habit of skipping around, working on different paintings at one time. It works well for me as I like to keep working. If a painting needs to dry, I can work on another one. If I am stuck on some element in a painting, I can put that one aside and add something to the next.

  This painting has actually sat for awhile. Not because I was stuck or anything like that, I just got very involved with others. I was originally going to put another oddly shaped calla lily in the center but as I was staring at it, a couple days ago, I saw Buddha.


I quickly sketched him in, making sure to put him as I really saw him already in the canvas, surrounded by callas. Today, I actually got around to getting him based and painted in a bit so here he is so far.........

 I feel it is a interesting composition. All my Galleries like my Buddha and Koi paintings which is why you will probably see a lot of those up here on my blog. Again, I enjoy showing my process with my work. I'm taking a break right now for lunch and then back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment