The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On The Way To Colorado

 I'm shipping off several large paintings this morning to two galleries in Boulder Colorado. I was supposed to have two weeks to prepare the work but the gallery called yesterday and wants to meet with my agent there on Thursday. Wow, talk about a whirlwind of activity. Two of my paintings unfortunately, won't be finished in time to make the trip but I can send them later.

  So after an emergency business meeting yesterday afternoon that got me up from a much needed nap, the paintings are on their way. Hopefully, the galleries will accept them in and find good homes for them. I have a good feeling about this as they have already viewed my portfolio so things look promising, Yay!

  I still have a show next month and also an open house to get ready for. I started this canvas yesterday, working on the background and this morning, got the sketch in. It's another one of my Wild Haired Ladies. I adore painting these. They are so much fun to create and have so much personality. And after having worked so hard painting the gallery paintings, this is a nice way to just let go and create with some reckless abandon.

  So without further ado, here is the sketch..............


And a bit of a closer shot...............


I have this one to work on and also my sweet chubby bird painting too. These will keep me busy today. Have a great Tuesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment