The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Monday, January 3, 2011

Celebrating My Birthday

 Today, January 3rd 2011 is my 53 birthday. I am 53 years young!

  As I get older, the years seem to fly by quicker and quicker. Remember back to when you were a teenager. How impatient you were to turn 21. You couldn't wait, you counted the days, then the hours, then the minutes. You just couldn't wait to be an adult.

  Now as I think back, I realize the importance of taking my time to get there. To walk, not run, to that next phase of my life. To slow down and just enjoy the journey. Wish I knew then, what I know now!

  I have started taking up Yoga again. I realize how much I miss it and also how good it makes me feel. In fact, the past couple days, after my asanas are over, I have been so relaxed that I have fallen asleep! I am using Yoga as just another way to slow down and it is working it's magic.

  I have also added some meditation  to my day as well. In fact, I went to this beautiful spot and meditated last week..........




It's so good to just free up your mind and your thoughts. I haven't been painting very much through the holidays and now I know it's time to get back to the studio and let my creative energy unfold once again. But, just for today, on this my 53rd birthday, I am just going to reflect on the here and now, relax and let everything just be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment