The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New Painting....Wild Woman

Just look at that mop on her head!  Looks just like me in the morning, before my coffee.


9X12 Gallery Canvas

  She is new, just sketched this morning on a toned and collaged canvas.  and I am ready to color her up! And on my easel at the other end of my studio, I have a large abstract under way, 15X30.  I will post that pic soon too. I finished another Koi painting yesterday so I am on a roll. It feels so good when my muse is this strong. I LOVE it! Monday, my muse was no where to be found. No kidding. See my sketch above? I looked just like that, no muse in sight.

But, lo and behold, my muse seems to always come back, I just need to take the time to let it manifest again and not get freaked out!

  So.......If you happen to lose your muse, just give it a little time, take a little break and it will be there, hiding just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment