The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Daily Drawings

  I have promised myself that I would create a drawing, simple as it may be, everyday during December. Just one sketch per day including weekends, how hard could that be.

  I was sitting in Denny's having lunch with my son and he told me that he would like me to paint a painting just for him. Isn't that sweet! Now, he wants this painting to be an "Ala Jesse Reno" style painting. If your not familiar with Jesse Reno, you can visit his blog here. He is a very talented, raw outsider artist. His works are beautiful really!

  I always carry my little mini Moleskin sketchbook with me as you never know when inspiration may strike. So, while waiting for lunch to arrive (a BLT by the way), I pulled out my Moleskin and sketched up what I thought might look like a Jesse Reno type character. Kinda cute huh.  My son loves it!.....So I guess I will try to whip him up a painting. I'm going to paint it on a birch wood panel, here is the sketch.....


December 1st Daily Drawing

In the meantime, I thought that this sketch could count as my December 1st daily drawing. killing two birds with one stone type of thing. I can't wait to start it. I will post my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment