The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Friday, December 17, 2010

Painting For A Friend


I have a very good friend that had really liked a little mini painting that I had painted awhile back. It sold before she had a chance to purchase it, so I decided to paint another mini up just for her......


"Cheryls Pansy"
3X3 Acrylic Collage On Canvas

She is a very talented pianist so I put vintage music notes paper behind the pansy, letting it peek through the colors. She loves pansies and soft feminine colors. 

I enjoy painting these small works. Christy, my wonderful agent calls them 'Office Art" because a lot of my clients adorn their office cubbies with them. They add just the right amount of whimsey and color to a usually stark office enviroment. And the tiny easels are so sweet!

  Anyway........Cheryl loved it when I gave it to her. Now it's back to the studio to finish up my Buddha painting. It, along with one of my  koi paintings are going up to the gallery in Summerland tomorrow.  I will post the finished painting later today. Have a great weekend and holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment