The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peace Serenity Awareness

When I am painting a subject I'm really not familiar with, I try to learn all I can about it. I have learned so much about Buddha and his life and ways. It has been a fascinating journey!

   When finished, this painting is going to "The Sacred Space" up in beautiful,  Summerland California. You should check out this site!


16X20 Canvas

As usual, how you see this sketch now will probably change as I work on it, it most always does, but I will post more pics as this painting progresses.

Live in Joy


Live in Joy, In love,
Even among those who hate.

Live in joy, In health,
Even among the afflicted.

Live in joy, In peace,
Even among the troubled.

Look within. Be still.
Free from fear and attachment,
Know the sweet joy of living in the way.

~

There is no fire like greed,
No crime like hatred,
No sorrow like separation,
No sickness like hunger of heart,
And no joy like the joy of freedom.

Health, contentment and trust
Are your greatest possessions,
And freedom your greatest joy.

Look within. Be still.
Free from fear and attachment,
Know the sweet joy of living in the way.


from the Dhammapada, Words of the Buddha 



No comments:

Post a Comment