The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery

......Francis Bacon

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I'm not making any.

  Instead of resolutions, I am making intentions. I like that word better. The word "resolutions" sounds to me like I am just trying to possibly resolve hypothetical problems. Things in my life that are not working for me, almost resigning myself to the fact that I even have issues and must correct them. Does that make sense?

  Intentions, on the other hand, means to me that I "intend" to make changes. It's my choice to make them and fix them in my own way and in my own time. Much better. I really don't need the pressure!

  One of my "intentions", is to get a morning routine going. This is hard for me as I tend to procrastinate the most in the morning. I will say to myself, "Ok, I'm going to get into the studio early today" but instead, I make a side trip into the kitchen to find dishes in the sink and a floor that needs mopping. By the time I'm done with those chores, I may notice that the driveway is covered in leaves..........and so it goes. See, this really isn't an issue, it's just a habit thats not working for me.

  Here is the morning routine I want to adopt. Wake up, shower,  feed the critters, Do my morning Yoga stretches, make coffee and then get my butt in the studio before 9:00 ! It CAN be done! I know, because I actually tried it this morning and it worked! Ha!

  Now I just have to turn it into my NEW habit and voila!

  Anywho, I did manage to finish another mini painting before Christmas day. This one is based on "Winter Bird" which sold really quick. This is "Winter Birds" cousin......."Snow Bird"


"Snow Bird"
3X3 Acrylic Mixed Media Collage


I really like the detail on the sides of the canvas. 

And I am now working on these two mini's...........


Can you tell what this is?


Yes, your right....that is pattern tissue. 

I will keep you posted on the progress of these two minis. I hope all your New Years "Intentions", if you decide to make some, all work out for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment